Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fixing No Bots Problem in Ubuntu x64 for OpenArena


I love to play OpenArena in Ubuntu. I have a 64 bit processor and I installed Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx for amd64. It is supported until 2013 and it has worked well for me doing what I need to do. When I installed OpenArena from the Ubuntu Software Center, it worked fine except for one thing, it didn't have any bots that would appear in Single Player mode. I looked for a solution to my problem, and it turns out the software center didn't install all of the necessary files to play single player matches. When I tried to play multiplayer games it worked fine. What I had to do was get the real .deb package so that I could install all of the required files. I uninstalled OpenArena using the Software Center, and then I got the .deb package installer and installed it using the package installer. Once I did that the game worked flawlessly and now I can play single player games, and not need an Internet connection. If you would like to download the .deb file I used for amd64 debian based linux distros, then I suggest using the package below. It makes your life a lot easier.

Download the .deb package here: openarena_0.8.1-6ubuntu1_amd64.deb

I hope this helps you fix the problem. It was very easy for me to do, and it even preserved my settings. I didn't have to change my controls again or anything. I recommend everyone with an Ubuntu x64 setup to use this installer. Let me know if you have any problems in the comments, and I will try to help you.

Share : Share On Facebook ! Share On Google Buzz ! Add To Del.icio.us ! Share On Digg ! Share On Reddit ! Share On LinkedIn ! Post To Blogger ! Share On StumbleUpon ! Share On Friend Feed ! Share On MySpace ! Share On Yahoo Buzz ! Share On Google Reader ! Google Bookmark ! Send An Email ! Blog Feed !

No comments:

Post a Comment